Cranleigh School’s Trevor Abbott Sports Centre opened in 2002. It includes a sports hall that can be divided by a number of curtains in order to cater for different activities being held simultaneously. The facilities have dual use, with the School using the sports facilities on a day-to-day basis. Local clubs and organisations benefit from the wide range of sports that can be held in the Sports Hall.
As well as providing facilities for the School and our Members, we also hire out a variety of our indoor and outdoor facilities and welcome community use of the facilities by schools and other organisations for sports days, one-off events and tournaments.
Our array of facilities enables us to cater for small individual bookings, regular weekly bookings, indoor and outdoor sports, large one-off events and specific sporting occasions.
We currently hire our sports facilities to local football, hockey, netball, basketball and cricket clubs. Our swimming pool is let to local schools, swimming clubs and private sports organisations for scuba diving and canoeing.
Facilities available include:
- 3 full-size all-weather sports pitches, one with floodlights
- A 25-metre, four lane swimming pool
- A sports hall with extensive facilities including 8 badminton courts, 3 indoor cricket nets, 1 volleyball court, 2 basketball courts, 2 five-a-side football pitches, 2 indoor hockey pitches, 2 netball courts and 2 tennis courts
- A dance studio
- Cricket squares and pavilion
- Hard outdoor tennis courts and netball courts
- Fives courts
- A 9-hole golf course and putting green
- A fully equipped Equestrian Centre with two sand schools (30m x 60m & 20m x 40m)
- Woodlands Fitness Centre
Such facilities are ideal for Children’s Holiday Activities, Birthday Parties and general Private Hire usage.